Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

Halloween was a long time childhood favorite of mine. Over the years it has remained enjoyable, but has also been a source of frustration figuring out what to dress-up as that year.
Last year Wyatt was still very small. He only lasted minutes in his costume before he cried bloody murder for me to take it off. 

This year he mostly didn't mind his costume and lasted hours in it!  Erich and I took him trick-or-treating for the first time. We went just to three neighborhood houses to "show him off".  Earlier that afternoon Wy-guy (my nick name for Wyatt) and I went over to our friends Michelle and Maya's house for a costume party.  Seeing all the cutie kiddos in their outfits reminded me of all the creative fun that makes this day so unique. 

 I remember being out trick-or-treating around the age of 11 and being impressed by our ability to make this day happen. It impressed me that for one day a year we could "trust" strangers to give out candy to children. It can connect neighbors into interacting (which is on a growing decline as we get more virtually connected). We have lived in our neighborhood for 3 years and of the three houses we went to it was the first time ringing 2 of the 3 door bells!
Having a child really triggers memories that seemed long lost. 
Now that Halloween is back on my fave radar, I better start thinking of what to be next year!

p.s. My wonderful parents were at my house on Halloween and my Dad craved two pumpkins for us since I worked the weekend prior and didn't have time to do it!

Sneak Peak
I am currently out-of-town in Vancouver, Canada on my first away trip without the little guy!
Blog post to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment